The council have the following rooms availble for booking.
Rules and Regulations when hiring a room in The Institute Building, Caernarfon
In order to comply with Fire Regulations please adhere to the following simple rules
Each group renting a room at the Institute MUST.
- Ensure a nominated official within the group knows how many people are in attendance at any one time (Coffee Mornings would be be the only exception)
- Ensure everyone knows where the meeting point is- top of the hill , keeping the road clear for Emergency vehicles
- Ensure everyone knows that our fire alarm will be tested every Monday at 9.15
- All plugs MUST be removed before you leave the room at the end of your session
- All doors must be kept shut, please do not wedge open.
- If using the Peblig Room, please ensure the outer door remains open,and hooked. Also if the kitchen is in use the door to the kitchen should remain open
and the hatch MUST be re-locked after use
In the event of the FIRE ALARM sounding
- Ask your party to leave via the stairs in an orderly manner without delay
- Nominated official to take roll call at the Assembly point and report to a member of staff who will inform the Emergency services of any missing persons.
- If you have any members of your party who are dependant on the lift due to disabilities please liase with a member of staff in order to adopt a Buddy system Your nominated official must be aware of the arrangement
1. Please inform a member of staff on site at the earliest convenience, so that the relevant paper work can be completed
To print a copy of The Institute Building Rules and Regulations - click here
Acceptance room hire declaration form - click here
Children are not permitted to use the kitchen.
It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that the Council's property is not damaged, and will be expected to pay the costs arising from any damage. All crockery which has been used in the kitchen must be cleaned after use.
All contacts must provide a telephone number and address, please.
It is expected that local charities will pay a general rate except for coffee mornings for free.
Private companies, departments and government will be expected to pay the higher rate.
Payments are expected within 6 weeks of the hired event.
Caernarfon Royal Town Council Statement for Room Users
Caernarfon Royal Town Council respects the privacy of its users and is committed to complying with Data Protection law and regulations. This privacy statement is intended to inform you about how personally identifiable information you provide in the Approved Statement Request Form will be handled and protected by Caernarfon Royal Town Council.
Why we collect and use your personally identifiable information
Caernarfon Royal Town Council ‘s intention is to collect information
about your business together with certain personally identifiable information such as contact information for key personnel regarding room bookings. The personally identifiable information that you provide will be used to contact and identify you throughout then booking process and to gain payment for the products and services you use from the Council
Disclosure of your personally identifiable information
Access to your personally identifiable information will be restricted to Caernarfon Royal Town Council. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to others. We do not reveal personally identifiable information about you to any third parties unless:
1. You request or authorise it
2. The information is provided to help complete a transaction for you
3. The information is provided to comply with the law, applicable regulations, court orders or subpoenas
How we collect personal information about you
Caernarfon Royal Town Council only collects and stores the personally identifiable information that you provide to us when completing our booking form and any other information, that you provide pursuant to any questions that may arise when we review our user database
Your access to your personally identifiable information
If you would like to change any information we hold about you or want it to be removed from our database, you should e-mail Caernarfon Royal Town Council
Retention and deletion of your personally identifiable information
Your personally identifiable information will be retained by Caernarfon Royal Town Council for audit purposes and in line with the retention policy If you have to have an account with us, your personally identifiable information will be deleted from our approved user database although some financial information may need to be retained by our Finance Department for a period of 6 years as required by law
Caernarfon Royal Town Council uses reasonable administrative and physical measures to safeguard your personally identifiable information against loss, theft and unauthorised use or modification
Communications from Caernarfon Royal Town Council
Caernarfon Royal Town Council may contact your company using contact information you have provided for purposes of procurement related issues
Inquiries or Questions
If you have questions or concerns about Caernarfon Royal Town Council ‘s policies
and practices for handling your personally identifiable information you may e-mail us at Caernarfon Royal Town Council at email@example.com
Changes to this Policy
To print a copy of the Room Hire Data Protection Rules - click here